Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome To My Blog

Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, written by Ralph Waldo Emerson.  I try to live my day-to-day life following these words.  Achieving this goal in my papercraft adventures is a reminder that I NEED TO WAKE UP AND START STAMPING!  Yikes, I don't know where this journey of joining the blogosphere will take me.  My hope is that I will no longer be a stamp, paper and embellishment collector. My 'stash' will inspire me to create and have fun.  If my family and friends are the only ones to read my blog, that's OK...but I hope you will drop-in to visit.

 

My geisha gave me a workout in coloring her black hair with copic markers.  I have seen people blend with different gray colors but when I tried that it became a big blobby mess.  What gave me the best results was using a feathering technique with 100 black and blend with W4.  I used this wonderful video at Lysa's Crafty Creations which showed how to feather blend with Copics.  A light touch with the marker seems important.


Stamps - The Greeting Farm, Firecracker Designs by Pamela
Cardstock - Neehah Classic Crest-solar white, SU-Really Rust & Certainly Celery
Designer Papers - Basic Grey-Kioshi, Marrakech
Inks - Memento-Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Accessories - Cuttlebug-asian lanterns embossing folder

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your card and I SO needed that quote today!!!

    Beautiful start, young lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh-so adorable!! Not only the colors but the image and the saying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the 'workshop'. Your comments make my day!